Our Original Konfidence™ Jacket is the must have for all 1-7 years olds at the pool or on beach. The built in buoyancy gives a boost to the wearer’s natural buoyancy allowing the development of swimming technique or just having fun.
We designed the Konfidence™ Jacket to have 8 removable foam floats. These allow the buoyancy to be tailored to the wearer’s needs and ability. We chose neoprene for the shell as its super soft, stretchy and flexible properties make it really comfortable to wear and looks terrific too. Another added bonus is the 100% sun protection it gives to the wearer.
Originally designed with our own kids in mind for when we went to the local pool or went on holiday near water. The confidence it gives to parents and kids alike is easy to see when it’s being used. Just look at ourvideosto see how confident the kids are wearing the Jacket. The Konfidence™ Jacket has become standard issue with a number of international holiday companies.
We really want our Konfidence™ Jacket to be the best choice available and so we have incorporated a number of design features to achieve this:
- We use top quality neoprene (wetsuit materials) as this gives the jacket its distinctive softness and stretch-ability. Ensuring a nice snug fit and maximum comfort for the wearer.
- We chose soft Lycra for the binding of our Konfidence™ Jackets to reduce chaffing after long periods of use around the arms.
- A good chunky, self-locking YKK brand zip is standard on our Jackets. And this comes with a Velcro zip retainer to discourage little fingers playing with the zip pull.
- When originally designing the Jacket back in 1997 we wanted to make sure it gave plenty of protection from the sun. So we extended the shoulders to make them wider, and brought the back up to the neckline to give maximum sun protection.
- All our standard Konfidence™ Jackets come with a high visibility bright yellow back. We wanted to be able to see our kids from a distance, and the yellow backs really stand out at the beach or in a crowded pool.
- A customer care line number and multi-lingual instructions for use in 23 languages come with each Jacket.
We are constantly looking for ways to enhance and improve our Jacket. In its current form we have been delighted to win Gold Awards from both the Practical Pre-School Awards and the prestigious Practical Parenting and Pregnancy Awards for best Safety Product.
The Jackets are also CE marked and comply with the most recent European Safety Certification EN131138-1:2008 relating to buoyant aids for swimming.